Our cooperative was founded in 1935 as "Milchversorgung Ingolstadt eG m.b.H.". After purchasing various properties in 1940 the dairy was built which you can see on the picture. At this time only fresh products were produced. In 1960 the production of roller dried milk powder started. Important for the further positive development of the company was the beginning of cooperation with McDonald's in 1978 (supply of basic mix for Shake and Sundae).
In 1987 the strategic important merger with the dairy cooperative Thalmässing under the existing name "Milchwerke Ingolstadt-Thalmässing eG" took place. In the following years, the collecting area had been constantly expanded, mainly through the merger with the dairy cooperative Langquaid (1993) and the acquisition of the supplier of dairy Schweiger in Riedenburg (1994).
Due to the increased demand of rolled dried milk powder, the production of basic mix for Shake and Sundae was moved from Ingolstadt to Thalmässing, while the production capacity for milk powder in Ingolstadt was expanded (1996). Significant higher sales volume of basic mix for Shake and Sundae in 2004/2005 caused extensive investment in Thalmässing. In 2010-2013 our plant in Ingolstadt was modernized. The main issues are rising of storage capacity, expanding the milk powder production and building a new office block. Since 2015 Milchwerke Ingolstadt-Thalmässing eG are the only supplier of basic mix for Shake and Sundae for McDonald`s Germany.